Sunday, March 30, 2014

Consistently Inconsistent

I'm Baaaack!!!!!
I am kind of really bad at this whole "consistent blogging" thing. I always tell myself that I am going to write often, but as you can see that has yet to happen. So here I am writing about events that happened almost a year ago. I guess to start this thing off I will just touch on the "upcoming adventures" that I mentioned in the last post. 

I FINALLY made it back to Powell, Wyoming. I think it had been about six years since I had been there. We stayed with my aunt and uncle and it was GREAT! I wish that Powell was closer and I would just go spend the weekend there. We spent the majority of the time at the house with my cousins, but checking cows with Frank and my dad was definitely a highlight. 


Ok, so after being in Powell for a few days we headed back to Island Park to meet up with my grandparents. We drove through Yellowstone both on our way to Powell and on our way back to Island Park. We saw some pretty neat nature (Neature Walk.. look it up) and wild life!!






We ended up staying the rest of the week in Island Park. That part of the trip mainly consisted of relaxing in the lounge chairs, truck rides, and floating the Buffalo River continuously. Since I stopped playing summer ball we have tried to go every year and Island Park still hasn't disappointed. One part I always look forward to is breakfast at Bill's Meadow Creek Lodge. This place is great and it sounds like it is the hot spot for snowmobilers in the winter! 


It is an all around good place to eat and Bill and his daughter are both a hoot. I always laugh at all the signs that are hanging up in the lodge. I think my favorite one is the smoking one. I find it funny because Bill sits on the other side of the counter and smokes a cigarette. Like I said, it is just a fun place to go with very entertaining people. 




Isn't this just BEAUTIFUL? I can't wait to get back there in July. 

NEXT.

Now that is out of the way, I will continue to reminisce the rest of my summer (even though it has been almost a year, sue me).

So, there was an alumni softball game during the Tremonton City days celebration. Stan, one of my high school coaches, was helping to put the alumni team together. When he called me, I tried to tell him no without actually saying it, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. I ended up playing and it was actually pretty fun. The best part, I successfully did a delay steal to third base (since when do I do that??). The alumni team ended taking home the trophy. To bad I will be in Island Park this year for the game, but hopefully the alumni will pull through again:). 


That night ended at Mike and Teena's house watching fireworks. I found Josh's fireworks more impressive that the cities... I think you would agree if you were there. 

Next was the RSL game with the family and Sarah to watch the Hi-Steppers dance during half time. I played soccer growing up, but the only thing I know about the sport nowadays is the fact that the fans are very passionate!! They were actually more composed this year, but they are still more exciting than the dramatic injuries that are suddenly cured after there is penalty called (are they even called penalties? I don't know soccer terms).  
This is Jeff. He became our friend and let us wear his baby scarf.. and he bought Sarah and ice-cream sandwich, which was melted by the time he got back. 

 When RSL scored shredded newspaper was thrown in the air, but Jeff thought it was important that we were showered in it. I still find it in my purse that I had at that game. 

I guess that wasn't really the end of the summer for me. The week before school started back up was super busy! During the summer I was on a committee for Aggie B.L.U.E., which is a leadership conference at USU.  We had a facilitator training the previous Friday and Saturday at Bear Lake which was a blast. I got to meet some really great people who are now some of my closest friends at USU. I was talking to one of the girls and it turns out we played summer ball against each other all the time (she played with Vipers and Eclipse). There was a little bit of beach volleyball involved and a lot of laughing. We ended the late night playing a game, or five, of werewolf. It was intense. The actual conference was on the Monday and Tuesday. Sarah and I moved in on Sunday and that first night was horrible. Mix the heat and a noisy bed and you will understand. The conference was way fun and I love the friends that I made during it. 


Wednesday through Saturday was MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR! The Country Fair. I live for this week, guys. Ask my roommate Paige, she will tell you all about it. I am just going to say that I go through withdrawals and leave it at that. It was weird not showing a lamb this year, but it was still fun being able to help. (I still don't know how I managed to find the time to shear all of the lambs I did between Aggie B.LU.E. training and the conference). I broke my winning streak in hand fitting:( This year I was in the open class with all the guys who raise sheep... I was basically against the pros but I got 3rd, so I was pretty proud of myself. Oh, I can't forget the night at the bandstand when my cousin Jeff and I attempted to swing dance, if you can even call it that...  I thought of it as more of a crazy leg/arm/neck dance and I laughed through the whole thing. 



The Fair was officially the end of my summer. It is always a good way to end it, but I hate that it doesn't come around for another year. 

I'M FINISHED.
But only with the summer. Stayed tuned for fall semester. Hopefully I actually do it soon instead of six months down the road. 


✌ S H A U N I E  L Y N ✌




.

No comments:

Post a Comment