Sunday, March 4, 2012

Nauvoo! bits and pieces:)


The whole family.. plane ride, AWESOME.. we took up the greater part of the small plane.


Heading into the temple to do baptisms:)


Me and Titan


Ike, Carlie and the Thornes, his bishop for 6 months during his mission.


All of us in the Independence visitors center

This trip I realized a lot of things. First, it was a great trip and I want to go back many times in the future and I wouldn't mind being in the pageant in the summer! second, our fmaily on a small plane is quite exciting... and last of many, it is a small world! there were many people that knew people we knew and actually one of the elders was apparently my cousin:)! In Independence there was Sister Crystal who played basketball with Jessa Jeppesen at WWCC and was also a Bball coach at Juan Diego, there there was Sister Dodd who's dad apparently worked with my dad at some point, there was another sister who knew Kenna Kings Family in Spanish Fork, Found out the other day that one of the elders, Elder Caspers I think, is Abby's friend. When we were in Nauvoo some of the teamsters are really good friends with my relatives. There were quite a few people that knew the Tremonton area that were in the pageant also. so anyway, now the trip! it was really fun we did a lot. one of the highlights of the trip was going to see families that Ike knew from his mission. Bishop Thornes family was my favorite, i made a bet they would invite us to dinner.. who won, this girl! although we couldn't go because we were staying in Nauvoo which was kinda far away from Kearney. I had the opportunity to do baptisms in the temple, small world again, the guy who baptized my cousin Riley, he is Erik's principal at cedar high school, and he had watched me play softball! we went to the pageant which was really cool and we went around old Nauvoo and the shops on some street! it was an amazing trip and i really want to go back. being there made me want to be old enough to go on a mission. but according to the seminary teachers, i will be married by the end of my sophomore year of school at age 20, so i guess a mission will have to come later in life with my husband:)

No comments:

Post a Comment